A.R.C. Angels Foundation (AAF) exists to save lives by preventing suicide through education and creating awareness.
AAF will work to accomplish its mission statement by:
1. Educating St. Louis area teens, faculty, and administration about the need for suicide awareness and prevention.
2. Developing and administering programs that will give teens the confidence and skills necessary to help themselves and their peers.
3. Collaborating with other suicide prevention organizations to expand AAF’s reach and enrich its resources.
4. Providing annual scholarships to students that demonstrate leadership roles in promoting suicide awareness and prevention.
Action steps currently being put in place:
- Pursuing enactment of Missouri state law for mandated training in suicide prevention for school personnel at appropriate levels.
- Updating the AAF website to make it student friendly and inviting, with homepage clearly providing help information.
- Providing information on availability of free certified therapist counseling services for teens with at risk behavior.
- Scheduling awareness and fund raising activities.
- Setting up and publicizing ten (10) $2,500 scholarships for students accepted at an accredited college or university who demonstrate leadership in suicide awareness and prevention activities.
Learn more about AAF HERE.